Beyond have a strong planning focus. We believe that holding a deep understanding of relevant planning legislation and policy enables us to unlock significant value in our client’s projects, and our staff hold a good reputation with some of New Zealand’s largest companies for delivering excellent planning outcomes.
Our senior planners and surveyors hold many years of planning experience and, coupled with a significant local knowledge and contact base, achieve the ultimate outcomes.
Often obtaining good outcomes in planning comes down to effective communication, negotiation, deal making and compromise however this needs to be backed up by knowledge and experience.
We have expertise and experience in the following planning disciplines:
- Planning advice
- Consent applications under the RMA – all kinds
- Notices of Requirement/Designations
- Processing consents on behalf of Councils
- Council Hearings, Environment Court Appeals and Board of Enquiry work
- Affected party/key stakeholder liaison
- District and Regional Plan submissions
- Structure and Master Planning
- Urban design
- Rural consents/resource management
Our planners are encouraged to join the New Zealand Planning Institute (NZPI) and attend regular CPD training. We encourage our planners to stay involved for the duration of the project to ensure that they have a full understanding of how the consents are implemented. This proves to be invaluable for guiding planning approaches on future projects.
Our staff are always on the lookout for new planning challenges.
Our current and recent planning projects include:
- Obtaining land use and earthworks consents for several Council water reservoirs around Tauranga
- Obtaining land use and discharge consents for large scale fertilizer distribution centres in the Rotorua and Taupo areas
- Obtaining land use consents for various rural industries and buildings
- Conservation based projects
- Subdivision consents for projects of all sizes, including structure and masterplanning elements